The manufacturing industry has been a core area of Australia’s development and history. It is made up of such disciplines as chemical, petroleum and coal products; clothing and footwear; food, beverages and tobacco; leather products; equipment and machinery; metal products; mineral products; paper, paper products, printing and publishing; plastic and rubber products; textiles; transport equipment; wood, wood products and furniture.
Manufacturing workplaces can be very hazardous, and workers have died, been seriously injured or contracted diseases. Hazards in the manufacturing industry include unguarded machinery, forklifts, hazardous substances, manual handling. In recent years the stable workforce has been replaced by casual workers and subcontractors.
HSEMA can provide practical solutions to assist you to effectively manage work health and safety in your workplace and on your work site.
Some of the products and services developed by HSEMA include:
- Mapping and development of Workplace Health & Safety Management Systems that conform to National Harmonised Legislation
- Mapping and development Workplace Health and Safety Risk Management Programs
- Development of Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) and Work Instructions
- Development of Policies and Procedures
- Emergency Plans and Procedures
- Tools and Checklists
- Accident and incident investigation
- Workplace induction
- Site engagement, inspection and reporting
- Toolbox Talks
- Plant management systems