Hospitality & Retail Industry
The hospitality and retail industry is an enormous workforce of primarily casual, transient and inexperienced (often a first job) workers. This makes it very difficult for them to raise WHS issues, so they go unnoticed. Analysis from the Australia Bureau of Statistics showed that casual workers in this industry recorded double the injury rate of the full-time workers.
Slips, trips, falls and muscular injuries are common injuries in the hospitality and retail industry and can be caused by poor housekeeping, inappropriate, poorly maintained and uneven floor surfaces, inadequate/poor storage etc.
Employers can provide workplace health and safety induction training and information to new employees. For employees new to the workforce, this can assist in gaining and understanding of the basic principles of workplace health and safety in order to assist in the prevention of injury and illness at work.
HSEMA can provide practical solutions to assist you to effectively manage work health and safety in your workplace.
Some of the products and services developed by HSEMA include:
- Mapping and development of Workplace Health & Safety Management Systems that conform to National Harmonised Legislation
- Mapping and development Workplace Health and Safety Risk Management Programs
- Development of Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) and Work Instructions
- Development of Policies and Procedures
- Emergency Plans and Procedures
- Tools and Checklists
- Project Management Plans
- AS4801 implementation and entry in to the Australian Federal Safety Accreditation Scheme
- Accident and incident investigation
- Workplace induction
- Site engagement, inspection and reporting
- Toolbox Talks